With the epidemic over and a new hair season on the horizon, we decided it was time to take those clips ins out of the box! Hair extensions, like your hair, require a little bit of love and care in order to make you look fabulous!
Let’s offer them some love with these care and maintenance tips for your clip ins hair extensions!
1# CARE TIPS FOR CLIP-INS HAIR EXTENSIONS
1/ Detangling & Brushing
- It is critical to untangle any knots before washing the extensions. So, use a detangling brush in a downward direction to eliminate all knots.
- Use hair brushes designed for 4c curly hair if you are using 4c curly clip ins extensions.
- Do not detangle when the clip-ins are wet. It will cause shedding of the hair.
2/ Washing Your Clip ins
First Step:- Soaking & Shampoo
- Soak clip in hair extensions in warm shampoo-water solution in a bowl or in your bathroom sink.
- Cover them gently for 5 minutes, rather than scrubbing the shampoo in as you would with real hair. Scrubbing it in will just result in a tangle.
- While using the shampoo, do not comb your hair. You run the danger of ripping your hair out. Instead, use your fingers to rub them gently in the downward direction.
- Now rinse with cold, clean water completely. Make sure all of the hair product is rinsed properly.
Second Step:- Conditioner & Cream
- Now, using your fingertips, apply the conditioner to the extension. We recommend using the same brand’s conditioner which is a sulfate-free conditioner.
- Allow 5 minutes for the hair to absorb the moisture. Comb the hair of the clip-in hair extension downwards gently with your fingers.
- Rinse the conditioner out of your hair now. And gently press them with a soft-fabric towel that quickly absorbs moisture.
- Now grab your hair styling cream. If you have straight clip ins, use straight hair cream for a silkier finish; if you want to curl them, use curly hair cream
3/ Drying Your Clip Ins
First Method:- Air Drying & Hair Dryer
- It is preferable to let the clip-ins air dry by hanging them on a wig stand or the shower.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can alternatively dry them with your hairdryer on cold temperature mode.
Second Method:- Diffusing & Clawing
- A diffuser may also be used to speed up the drying process of clip-in hair extensions. First, lay them flat and slowly raise and lower your diffuser.
- Drop strands from the diffuser if you’re diffusing your black clip in. Form a claw with your palm and carefully compress strands up from the bottom to enhance the curls.
4/ Styling Your Clip-ins
Type 1:- Curly Clip In Extension
- It’s important to consider your desired style as well as the hair texture of your clip-in. If you’re wearing curly Brazilian wave clip-in extensions, be sure to apply a curly hair product made specifically for them.
- Now scrunch the hair with the help of your hand & use a hair diffuser again to soften the hair product. Don’t dry 100% with the hair cream. Let it dry for 80% only.
Type 2:- Straight Clip Ins
- Apply the straight hair styling cream evenly to your straight clip ins.
- Comb it with the hairdryer and a round hairbrush while moving the drier in a downward manner.
- Apply setting hair spray & gently tap with your hands & give a final brush to the straight clip in hair extensions.
Type 3:- Deep Wave Clip Ins
- Curl creams or any wave cream can be used on deep wave hair. It is recommended that you do not comb or brush your hair after using the hair cream.
- Allowing it to dry naturally for a while will result in beautiful waves.
5/ Sleeping & Storing
- As we all know, clip-ins are simple to apply and remove. Always take off the hair extensions clip ons and sleep. Sleeping with them will result in knotting and tangles when you wake up.
- To avoid dust and discoloration, keep your gorgeous hair clip ons in a shoe box or jewelry box.
2# Maintaining Your Clip Ins For Longer Duration
1/ Avoid Heat Styling Tools
- Because most clip-in hair extensions come pre-styled and in a variety of lengths and textures, there is no need to use heat styling tools as frequently.
- So it’s better to avoid using a heat-based styling tool to add some longevity to your clip extensions.
2/ Use Less Hair Products
- Avoid using additional hair products. when it comes to hair products- less is more!
- Again, if you want a straight hairstyles, you can simply get a straight clip in, or if you want a deep wave look, you can easily get deep wave clip ins. Therefore, there is no need to use additional styling products.
3/ Right Hair Products
- It is critical to evaluate your hair demands and purchases. If you have Brazilian hair weave clip ins, use Brazilian hair products. Use hair products developed for Indian hair textures if your clip ins are made of raw Indian hair.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Use tonic water and dry shampoo instead of washing clips often.
- Use the right kind of hairbrush. For example, hairbrushes for 4c curly hair clip-ins are different from straight hair ones.
It’s time to unpack your treasures and dust them off! Follow these clip-in extension care and maintenance guidelines and you’ll have them for much longer than you think. Don’t forget to stop by True Glory Hair (TGH) for high-quality clip-in extensions and other services. Follow TGH on Facebook and Instagram for the most recent offers and trends.